Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

121 East 12th, Suite 6,
Houston, TX 77008

Call Now For A Consultation

(281) 216-8778

Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

How Long Does It Take To Get Some Interim Relief?

If interim relief is needed before the entry of the Final Decree of Divorce, a request for temporary orders is filed with the petition for divorce along with a request for hearing on the temporary orders. A hearing on temporary orders can usually be obtained within two weeks of the filing of the request, but the timing on this depends on the court’s schedule and may take longer. Interim relief can be obtained for such things as who gets use of the house or other property, child support, and spousal support.

About the Author I am practicing law since 1985. I have extensive experience with family law, wills,
probate, adoptions and real estate law. I am experienced & aggressive trial lawyer.