Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

121 East 12th, Suite 6,
Houston, TX 77008

Call Now For A Consultation

(281) 216-8778

Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

Is There A Time Limit On Getting A Court To Adjudicate The Father Of A Child?

Yes. Generally, if the child has a presumed father, a suit to determine parentage must be brought before the child’s fourth birthday (there are exceptions).If the child does not have a presumed, acknowledged, or adjudicated father, the suit to determine parentage may be filed at any time.

About the Author I am practicing law since 1985. I have extensive experience with family law, wills,
probate, adoptions and real estate law. I am experienced & aggressive trial lawyer.