Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

121 East 12th, Suite 6,
Houston, TX 77008

Call Now For A Consultation

(281) 216-8778

Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

What Are The Requirements For A Name Change Of An Adult?

With the court’s approval, an adult can have their name changed as part of a divorce proceeding or a separate lawsuit if not part of a divorce. The court will not grant the change if the change is to either avoid criminal prosecution or defraud creditors.

About the Author I am practicing law since 1985. I have extensive experience with family law, wills,
probate, adoptions and real estate law. I am experienced & aggressive trial lawyer.