Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

121 East 12th, Suite 6,
Houston, TX 77008

Call Now For A Consultation

(281) 216-8778

Law Offices of Rhonda S. Ross

What Is A Common Law Or Informal Marriage?

A man and a woman may enter into an informal marriage if

  1. they agree to be married,
  2. live in Texas as husband and wife, and
  3. represent to others in Texas that they are married.

There is no minimum time period required, but both parties must be 18 years or older.

About the Author I am practicing law since 1985. I have extensive experience with family law, wills,
probate, adoptions and real estate law. I am experienced & aggressive trial lawyer.